Welcome What's New at PFFA
As the significant stress on our economy continues from the actions taken to limit the spread of COVID-19, access to funding and other resources is and will be a problem for many jurisdictions.
There are two things you can do right now to help your local government get access to critical funding dollars going forward.
- Push your departments and elected leaders to coordinate with local and state emergency managers to apply for disaster relief funds under the Stafford Act.
To apply, your local city or county government typically submits a project worksheet for all government entities subordinate to your respective city/county, including the fire department. It's important that your fire department carefully documents costs so it can justify how they are related to the disaster (in this case the pandemic), such as overtime, backfill, equipment, mileage, fuel, COVID-19 testing, etc. Every state and locality is different, so begin asking the questions now to get this process started.
- The application period for the Fiscal Year 2019 Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants is expected to begin on or around April 13, 2020.
If your department needs assistance in applying for a SAFER grant, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If your department did not previously apply for an Assistance to Firefighters (FIRE Act) grant this year, your department will need to register with the new Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) GO system to apply for a SAFER grant.
The Fiscal Year 2019 Assistance to Firefighters (FIRE Act) grant application period has closed. Applications will be reviewed later this month, with awards expected beginning late spring 2020.
This is an invitation to all Fire and Police Personnel wishing to participate in the 4th Annual Battle of the Badges in Bossier City, LA on April 13th 2019. Anyone working in either a professional or volunteer capacity as a firefighter or police officer is eligible to fight (boxing). Participants will be assigned to weight classes and paired with individuals that match their weight and experience levels. Other information for your consideration as follows:
- All proceeds from the fight will be donated to charity.
- A Prize Belt will be awarded to the winner of the Main Event Bout
- Medals will be awarded to the winners of all other bouts.
- All fighters will receive a swag bag (t-shirts, extra tickets, etc.)
- The Weigh In on April 12th will be open to the public, with a party following.
- Doors open at 6 p.m. on April 13th with the fights beginning at 7 p.m.
- Hotel accommodations will be provided for out of town fighters.
- Gloves and helmets provided.
- Fights will take place in the Horseshoe Casino’s Riverdome.
Anyone wanting to fight should contact Jacob Dyson, 318-525-4298, or go to botbadges.wixsite.com and fill out the Fighter Form. All other questions may be directed to Ashton Poole by phone or email, 318-458-3050 – email@example.com or Tad Henderson, 318-218-6434.